NCEP Home > NCO Home > Systems Integration Branch > Decoders > DCSAOB Decoder|
Satellite Wind Decoder
IMPORTANT: If you haven't already done so, be sure to read the
overview document that contains information
relevant to all of the NCEP decoders!
The NCEP Satellite Wind Data Decoder parses reports of the following format into the
NCEP Decoder Interface Format:
Known Deficiencies -- Sections not currently decoded in the SATOB report:
- the section 4 groups -- Data for surface temperatures
- the section 5 groups -- Data for clouds
- the section 6 groups -- Data for maximum cloud-top altitude
- the section 7 groups -- Data for troposphere humidity
- the section 8 groups -- Data for radiation balance
Change History Log:
The latest version of the decoder can be downloaded and
utilized free of charge, subject to the usual
You may click here to download a copy of the
decoder software. If you wish to be included on our "decoders-announce"
mailing list, please visit our
Decoder Announcements mailing list site
to subscribe yourself. This list is our way of informing our users whenever
we make changes or updates to our software.
Send mail to Decoder Helpdesk.