NCEP Home > NCO Home > Systems Integration Branch > Decoders > DCLSFC Decoder|
Land Surface Decoder
IMPORTANT: If you haven't already done so, be sure to read the
overview document that contains information
relevant to all of the NCEP decoders!
The NCEP Land Surface Decoder parses reports of the following format into the
NCEP Decoder Interface Format:
Known Deficiencies -- Groups not currently decoded in the FM12 report:
- in section 2
- the sea ice and ice of land origin group
- the ICING+plain language group (it may no longer be reported)
- in section 3
- the phenomena supplementary information group
9SpSpspsp, unless it contains
the wind gust, highest mean wind speed data, or newly fallen snow.
- the additional data groups in regional code form
- the symbolic expression groups 5j1j2j3j4 (j5j6j7j8j9)
when they contain the following data:
- daily amount of either evaporation or evapotranspiration
- temperature change data
- radiation data
- direction of cloud drift
- direction and elevation of cloud
- in section 5
- all groups except those which contain U.S. city temperature and precipitation data
Change History Log:
The latest version of the decoder can be downloaded and
utilized free of charge, subject to the usual
You may click here to download a copy of the
decoder software. If you wish to be included on our "decoders-announce"
mailing list, please visit our
Decoder Announcements mailing list site
to subscribe yourself. This list is our way of informing our users whenever
we make changes or updates to our software.
Send mail to Decoder Helpdesk.