Advanced Troubleshooting for Decoders Data
1. Open the Decoder node as one would to use the SDMRAOB program.
2. Change directory: cd /iodprod/dcdprod/logs
3. Then list the files with most recent displayed last: ls -lrt
4. Examine the file names, last modify times, and file sizes.
* All of the data files are named: decod.mnemonic.log(n)
* Five days of data are saved in daily files. Files with an extension of
.log are for the current day; .log1 files are from one day ago; ...;
.log4 files are from four days ago.
* The middle part of the file name is the data type mnemonic as listed in
the Decoder column of the Decoders Overview.
* A small file size may be an indication data are not being written to file.
5. View the most pertinent file(s) and look for WMO headers contained in the
text: view filename
The most recent data are at the bottom of the file: shift-G
6. Some data files show the text contained in the WMO headers. If not, then
view the text in FADD.
Return to Data Deficiency Troubleshooting Guide.